The school was inspected February 2013 and was rated GOOD overall.
Summary of Key Findings
This is a good school.
- Children get off to an excellent start in the Early Years Foundation Stage. They make rapid progress from generally low starting points.
- By the end of Key Stage 2, nearly all pupils make the expected progress of them in English and Mathematics. The proportion making better progress than this is rising and compares favourably with national figures.
- Pupils known to be eligible for the pupil premium and pupils who are disabled or with special educational needs also make good and improving progress because of the effective support they receive.
- The pastoral team provides excellent care and support for all the pupils and their families, especially for pupils who join the school at other than normal times and the large number of pupils that speak English as an additional language. As a result, they also make good progress.
- Pupils behave well. They say that behaviour has improved greatly in recent years. They feel very safe in school. Attendance is consistently above average.
- The headteacher provides very strong and determined leadership. She is supported well by other leaders and managers and by a knowledgeable and challenging governing body. There is a crystal clear vision of how successful the school can be. It is based on a relentless and highly effective drive to improve the quality of teaching and achievement.’
OFSTED Report February 2013 – A copy of the report is available from the school office on request.
Previous OFSTED Reports