The Curriculum in a Catholic School
‘In your Catholic schools, there is always a bigger picture over and above the individual subjects you study, the different skills you learn. All the work you do is placed in the context of growing in friendship with God, and that all that flows from that friendship. So learn not just to be good students, but good citizens, good people. A good school provides a rounded education for the whole person and a good Catholic school, over and above this, should help all its students to become saints.’
Pope Benedict XVI The Big Assembly, Twickenham, 2010
At Holy Rosary and St Anne’s we strive to:
- Enable every child to reach their full potential by developing children who love the challenge of learning and who are resilient to failure
- Provide an inclusive ethos and environment which provides opportunity for all, where children feel loved, happy, safe and secure.
- Learn about God’s wonderful world; through creative learning and play together in a loving and respectful way, developing children’s skills and understanding of other faiths and cultures, preparing them for future life.
- Engage the children’s interest by offering excellent opportunities to extend creative learning, challenge their imagination, value originality and culture and to encourage and motivate them to want to learn.
- Be exciting and to offer pupils lots of first-hand experience to reinforce their learning and to underpin their growing knowledge, skills and understanding of the world.
- Recognise, celebrate and develop a pride in the rich diversity of cultures that makes our school so unique and special.
- Increase pupils’ knowledge, skills and understanding as they grow and develop and strengthen their connections with the world around them.
- Open their eyes to awe and wonder and cause them to marvel at the incredible and fantastic world in which they live.
Class Long Term Plans
Subject Long Term Plans
|Art Long Term Plan.pdf||Download|
|English LTP Website.pdf||Download|
|Geography LTP Website.pdf||Download|
|History LTP Website.pdf||Download|
|Maths Long Term Plan.pdf||Download|
|P.E Long Term Plan.pdf||Download|
|RE Long Term Plan.pdf||Download|
|Science Long Term Plan.pdf||Download|
Subject Skills Progression Documents