2021-2022 School Council
The School council meet every month to discuss our Action Plan and idea's from the pupils and initiative's across school.
Please see the current action plan for 2021-22
Our School Council aims to encourage our children to:
- Develop confidence and responsibility and make the most of their abilities
- Prepare them to play an active role as citizens
- Develop healthy, safer lifestyles
- Develop good relationships and respect the differences between people
- To have a “voice” and to share their opinions and ideas with others
We value the benefits of operating a School Council. The School Council represents the whole school. We feel they benefit the whole community and as a school we operate as a community. Through our School Council and class council work it is hoped that we can develop a balance and wholeness, helping to make our community more harmonious to live in. Our School Council work will enable pupils with positive attitudes to exert a positive influence. Everyone will benefit from the work of the School Council.
Our School Council aims to ensure our children have:
- A safe, happy and fair learning environment
- A forum to voice their concerns and act upon them
- A structured opportunity to learn problem-solving skills
- An opportunity to take an active role in the organisation of the school
- An opportunity to experience a democratic process
Our School Council should encourage pupils to develop:
- A sense of ownership over policy and practice
- A consensus over school issues such as behaviour
- A responsibility towards the school community and environment
Our School Council should give pupils the experience of:
- Planning, organising and monitoring small projects
- Speaking and listening skills
- Debating skills
- Mediation and negotiating skills
- Basic budgeting and managing money
Our School Council aims to prepare our pupils for citizenship by teaching them about roles, rights and responsibilities within the school system.
Class elections will be held every year so that different representatives can put forward their election speeches as well as developing the full potential of the School Council to complete tasks. Two candidates will be elected from each class.
It is a very responsible job, and School Council Members will share information with their class, and get ideas and views from pupils by talking.